We Are Social. We deliver world-class creative ideas with forward-thinking brands. We believe in people, not platforms and the power of social insight to drive business value. We call this social thinking.
We are a global agency. With more than 600 people in 11 offices around the world, and 30 here in Sydney. We deliver world-class creative campaigns and strategies based on social insights, for forward-thinking brands including Netflix, TAL, Yellow Tail and Lavazza.
We’re focused on creating ideas powered by people - a formula that’s proven very successful over the last 10 years. Our international team works across offices in London, New York, Paris, Milan, Munich, Berlin, Singapore, Shanghai and Beijing.
Overall Purpose of a Senior Account Manager at We Are Social
Working closely with your Senior Account Director you will managed your clients to deliver the best solutions that We Are Social can offer. Your role is not only focused upon day to day delivery – you will continue to manage the day to day demands of your clients and it remains your responsibility to ensure that your tasks are completed within given timelines, to budgets and to the exceptionally high standard expected from our clients.
You will also need to look to the future to plan the strategy and implementation of the planned campaigns. Conducting business in an effective manner with attention to detail and accuracy in all internal and external communication, you will also be checking on the accuracy and standards of work of your Account Executives and Account Manager.
With a passion for Social Media, trends and innovations, you will proactively keep current of the industry for emerging trends and creative practices, sharing information with your team and the wider agency to keep your Senior Account Directors and clients updated and engaged with relevant industry practice.
Specific Content of Your Role
The nature of We Are Social’s business requires a high level of flexibility, common sense and versatility. While the specific content of your role is clearly defined, the nature of the demands placed on us and the creativity of our campaigns means that the role will evolve over time and needs a ‘can do’ approach to picking projects up and making them happen.
As a Senior Account Manager you may be managing multiple accounts and teams.
A Senior Account Manager at We Are Social should be confident in all of the areas laid out below:
- Manage WIP documents and meeting notes in a timely manner, providing day-to-day updates to your team and clients
- Provide day to day project management and priorities for your team
- Have a thorough understanding of the client’s business, and the category
- Ensure effective delivery of your projects
- Continually look for ways to grow the size of our business with existing clients, work closely with your Senior Account Director to ensure that your propositions are appropriate
- Ensure that your teams over deliver against your client’s expectations and to proactively ensure that the quality of the campaigns you are responsible for are second to none
- Articulate a point of view on all things social, and find solutions by collaborating with creative teams, producers, media agencies and clients
- Effectively lead meetings to ensure they’re efficient, productive and where possible, enjoyable
- Contribute to social media strategy and content development, working closely with the content creation team, and generally leading client communications
- Think ahead and support your Account Director in the strategic planning of your accounts
- Supervise communities to ensure they run smoothly: comments and posts being addressed within a few hours, information to be accurate, content to be error-free
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adapt behaviour to accommodate tasks, situations and the individuals involved and ensure that end goals are met
- Continuous learner with an enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and information and promoting a learning culture by actively participating in agency learning and development programme
- Create the context to deliver great work by briefing creatives effectively and providing context
- Translates information into insight
- Have strong creative judgment and effectively shape work – sharpen ideas and ensure they’re on brief
- Provide strong mentorship, leading and educating on all things social, in particular the best use of different channels and tactics
- Develop strong client relationships at all levels
- Demonstrate strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Collaborate effectively with partner agencies and suppliers ensuring the best outcome for agency and client
- Demonstrate expert budget management
- Follow and support the standard We Are Social financial processes
- Develop your understanding of forecasting income for projects or clients within your control
- Ensure that you have a knowledge and understanding of fees, budget management, invoicing, expenses and profitability and monitor effectively
- Support Senior Account Director to make sure that you have purchase orders in place and work is invoiced on time
- Strong academic performance, ideally at a tertiary level.
- Min 4 years’ client service experience
- Experience managing others effectively
- Excellent Project Management skills and experience
- Budgeting, forecasting and resourcing skills
- Proactivity, quick thinking and problem solving skills
- Fluency in wide range of social platforms and analytics tools
- Experience building strong and trusted client relationships
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Keynote
Why join We Are Social?
- Be part of a vibrant growing agency in the heart of Chippendale
- Develop your expertise and skills as a valued member of market leading social specialist creative agency
- Join a truly connected Global Network, sharing learnings, insights, best practice and great gifs
- Be rewarded for outstanding performance against our agency values with quarterly awards
- We Are Surfing - Annual company conference in tropical destination (May)
- It’s Your Birthday - day off to treat yourself on your special day
- Celebrating Loyalty - recognition and gifts at your anniversary
- We Are Celebrating - through the year we have numerous social occasions such as Christmas in July
- We Are Learning - every month we train our team in business skills and inspire them with sessions to increase their social knowledge and creative thinking.
* This role is full-time permanent position based from our Chippendale, Sydney office.