Account Manager Australia Client Services
Overall Purpose of an Account Manager at We Are Social
As an Account Manager, we look to you to work closely with your Account Director, fixed function internal teams and your clients to deliver the best solutions that We Are Social can offer. Your role isn’t just focused on great client service – you’re a gun at project management, you know how to handle stakeholders at all levels of seniority, and you’re the sort of person who loves the detail – all the way to delivering on brief and on time.
Working on one of Australia’s largest professional services clients, you can hold your own in strategic and creative conversations, and foster attention to detail and accuracy in all communication. As a social native, you’ll also be checking on the accuracy and standards of work of your colleagues to ensure the team upholds a high standard of work.
We expect you to proactively keep abreast of the industry for emerging trends and creative practices, educating not only your own team but also your clients.
An Account Manager at We Are Social, you should be confident (and willing to grow) in all of the areas laid out below:
- Manage WIP documents and meeting notes in a timely manner, providing day-to-day updates to your team and clients
- Provide day to day project management and priorities for your team
- Have a strong understanding of the client’s business, and the category
- Ensure effective delivery of your projects – on time and within budget
- Effectively leads WIP meetings to ensure they’re efficient, productive and where possible, enjoyable
- Think ahead and support your Account Director in the strategic planning of your accounts
- Supervise communities to ensure they run smoothly: comments and posts being addressed within response timeframes, information to be accurate, content to be error-free
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Continually look for ways to improve the work that you’re doing
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Apply yourself to continued learning
- Participates in We Are Social training
- Help to provide mentoring to any interns under your supervision
- Translate client briefs into stellar internal briefs to get your team moving in the right direction, with all the tools they need
- Articulate a point of view on all things social, and find solutions by collaborating with creative teams, producers, media agencies and clients
- Deliver reporting that translates social data into actionable creative insights
- Have strong creative judgment and effectively shape work – sharpen ideas and ensure they’re on brief
- Understanding of media planning process, being able to confidently discuss media approach with internal team and client
- Develop strong client relationships at all levels
- Manage client expectations, especially relating to project budgets and timings
- Develop communication, understanding and the confidence of the client
- Manage a collaborative relationship with partner agencies and suppliers
- Demonstrate good budget management skills
- Support Account Director to make sure that you have purchase orders in place and work is invoiced on time
- Develop your understanding of forecasting for projects
- Ensure that you have a knowledge and understanding of fees, budget management, invoicing, expenses and profitability
Moving up to the next level
In order to progress onto the next stage, you need to achieve excellence in all of the areas laid out and also demonstrate your skills in the following areas:
- An irrepressible passion for social and continued learning.
- A strategic and creative thinker with a curious mind.
- A confident presenter and effective and persuasive communicator.
- Calm under pressure and able to make sound and timely decisions.
- Self-motivated and able to time manage and deliver to deadlines.
- Always accountable.
- Commercially astute.
- Able to command respect from the broader team and attention for your point of view and ideas and inspire others to follow – inspire confidence and enthusiasm.
- A flexible, entrepreneurial approach to work.
- An effective collaborator.
- Proactive and resourceful.
- Skilled in relationship management displaying strong emotional intelligence.
- An inspiring and nurturing leader, with an ability to delegate.
- Is open and honest and always acts with integrity.
About We Are Social
We Are Social is a socially-led creative agency operating globally at the forefront of marketing and culture. We are the world’s leading social specialist network: Over 1000 social experts in 15 offices around the world proving the power of social thinking to drive business value.
We help brands immerse their stories in the real conversations their audience are having. We generate sharp strategies and inspiring campaigns, based on social insights for forward-thinking brands like Samsung, Didi, Audi, Activision, Kayo, Koala and the NRL.
We’re focused on creating ideas worth talking about. How do we do that?
We put social thinking at the centre of what we do.
We connect people and brands in meaningful ways.
We create ideas worth talking about.
We Are Social.
Here in Sydney, we are a group of people from different walks of life, united by a passion for popular culture. We Are Social is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity of thought and experience at our company. Learn more about our culture and our work.
VacanciesShowing 1 – 8 of 120
Senior Copywriter (Japanese) / Associate Creative Director
CDI – Consultant(e) Social Média Junior