Account Director Australia Client Services
We’re looking to hire a strong Account Director to work on our sports and luxury clients. An opportunity with scale, pace and massive creative potential, it requires someone with bounds of energy, expert problem solving skills and an inherent passion for sports and social-first creative.
‘It’s an amazing role for someone who is hard working and is culturally connected, and if they live and breathe sports that’s no bad thing. Some hustle, tenacity and passion for great work is what we’re looking for”.
Kelly Spence, Client Services Director
As an Account Director you lead the relationship with your clients and ensure you approach all tasks strategically and with the right amount of hustle to push the boundaries and deliver for them. At We Are Social we truly believe we create Ideas Worth Talking About (IDWTA); you play a central role in making sure we deliver to that by ensuring you set the team up for success, foster great ideas and then make them happen. You don’t do this alone. You will work together with your own team, as well as Strategy, Creative, Editorial and Production. Together we truly shape the role social media plays in advertising with clients.
- Account leadership
- You will be leading client meetings, making sure they are purposeful and productive as you truly understand the client’s business and the category
- You provide day to day direction to ensure the whole team knows where we are, where we need to go and how we’re going to get there
- You think ahead and anticipate opportunities and problems and then make a plan. You are able to spot and manage issues as they arise and act to mitigate risk
- Relationship management
- You are a true collaborator and you earn the respect and trust of your peers and client team. You are perceived as a leader by the (client) team and the wider agency
- You lead by example and are a positive force within the agency as a key contributor and participator in agency and individual team culture
- You always communicate in an open and honest way and you act with integrity
- Strategic and creative contribution
- You actively contribute to the creative process and build on ideas, and you are an evangelist about delivering creative ideas worth talking about
- You are highly strategic with a thorough understanding of social inc. platform knowledge, creative excellence, paid media and measurement
- You display strong creative judgement that is considered and strategically sound
- Commercial capability
- Accurately forecasts and delivers revenue against it
- Estimates accurately and negotiates effectively with clients and suppliers
- Contributes to growth – identifies opportunities to increase client scope and then makes a plan to go for it
- Team leadership and development
- You are responsible for leading and managing people within the team. Able to nurture and develop talent and bring out the best in people across all functions, with a flexible and versatile approach
- Actively contributes to culture and proudly represents the agency in all contexts
While the specific content of your role is clearly defined, the nature of the demands placed on us by our clients means that this role will evolve over time and needs a ‘can do’ approach to picking projects up and making them happen.
Your skills and experience
- You have about 5-8 years experience, preferably in another agency
- You have Australian working rights and are located in Sydney.
- You have a history of leading strong and trusted client relationships and extensive experience in budgeting, forecasting and resourcing skills
- You are a leader and are able to instil confidence in a multidisciplinary team and provide clear and thorough direction to ensure those around you are set up to succeed
- You are a true creative mind. You always look for out of the box ideas and you challenge the status quo
- You are up to date on daily developments in social. You are capable of sharing your knowledge throughout the agency and with clients
- You dare to do new things, you are ambitious and want to learn every day
- You have strong communication and presentation skills and you describe yourself as proactive, quick thinker and excellent problem solver
- You are an expert project manager, have a strategic outlook, and have excellent creative judgement
- You have experience working with creators and influencers, and managing talent relationships
- You feel comfortable with the responsibilities as mentioned above, but also see enough opportunities to grow and learn
About We Are Social
We Are Social is a socially-led creative agency operating globally at the forefront of marketing and culture. We are the world’s leading social specialist network: Over 1300 social experts in 19 offices around the world proving the power of social thinking to drive business value. We help brands immerse their stories in the real conversations their audience are having. We generate sharp strategies and inspiring campaigns, based on social insights for forward-thinking brands like Samsung, TikTok, Audi, Mastercard, Kayo, PWC and Colgate.
We’re focused on creating ideas worth talking about. How do we do that?
- We put social thinking at the centre of what we do.
- We connect people and brands in meaningful ways.
- We create ideas worth talking about.
- We Are Social.
Here in Sydney, we are a group of people from different walks of life, united by a passion for popular culture. We Are Social is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity of thought and experience at our company. Learn more about our culture and our work.
Are you interested in the opportunity you just read? If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Sangita de Jong (People & Culture Manager at [email protected]). You can apply by sending us your CV and cover letter. In the interview process, you will meet, among others, Kelly Spence (Client Service Director) and Suzie Shaw (CEO)
VacanciesShowing 1 – 8 of 54
WerkstudentIn Community Management (m/w/d)
CDI – Analyste Social Média Junior
Senior Konzepter:in (w/m/d)
Senior Account Executive for Global Social Media