Office and People & Culture Assistant Australia People & Culture
If you’re tuned into culture, love building connections, and are on the lookout for a creative and fun office to kickstart each day, all while adding positive vibes for a team of creative minds – you’re in the right place. We’re looking for a new Office and P&C Assistant to join our team of social media enthusiasts.
The Office and P&C assistant at We Are Social is responsible for maintaining a welcoming, inspiring and productive workspace. Our team of 60 loves to come into our office in Chippendale, and you are in charge of building a positive and welcoming energy. You’ll be the maestro behind the scenes, curating a dynamic atmosphere that sparks collaboration and innovation, and the orchestrator of the office aesthetic, ensuring every detail contributes to a great experience for our staff and clients.
How? We’ve got plenty of ways, but we want your ideas!
You will be of great support to the Operations, P&C and Leadership teams working to deliver company events, new starter onboarding, Learning and Development and culture initiatives, and much more – creating an environment where work is not just a task, but a fulfilling experience.
“We are looking for someone with a ‘can do’ and ‘will do’ attitude, who loves that no day is the same.” – Sangita de Jong – P&C Manager
Specific Content of Your Role
Will include but not limited to:
- Contribute to making We Are Social a great place to work by creating a positive environment, building strong relationships with staff across all departments, providing support in-office services and fielding their suggestions to improve our shared space.
- Plan and manage the environment our staff & clients experience when they visit our office, from their welcome when they arrive, through to meeting room set-up, catering, AV equipment and overall look of the office.
- Maintain the office at the highest standard possible, ensuring cleanliness and tidiness are upheld consistently. Keep the fridge well-stocked, ensure ample availability of stationery, guarantee that meeting rooms are tidy and fully operational, organise storage to contribute to an overall well-organised office environment, etc.
- Maintain relationships and oversee the maintenance and repair of the building including security systems, cleaning, air conditioning, furniture and furnishings, repairs and equipment.
- Diligently contribute to the management of the office budget, tracking and reporting on costs related to office supplies, environment and building services, staff amenities, events and gifts.
- Coordinate clients and internal all-staff events, such as our Monday morning kick-off breakfast, weekly team lunch and monthly We Are Fridays (WAF) company meeting, ensuring every detail, from logistics to catering, from presenters overall experience, radiates an energising vibe.
- Monitor health and safety diligently, implementing updates as needed to maintain compliance in this area.
- Ensure compliance with office security and sustainability requirements.
- Provide support to the CEO, coordinating travel and bookings, organising events, diary management and general assistance.
People & Culture:
Will include but not limited to:
- Coordinate with the People & Culture Manager to maintain and manage the Learning & Development initiatives, arranging guest and internal presenters, scheduling training, maintaining the calendar and inviting staff.
- Support Line Managers with their recruitment and selection process for new hires, helping with candidate liaison throughout the process to ensure a positive experience for everyone involved.
- Manage the new hire onboarding process, including systems setup, diary management and organisation of meetings, to ensure they have a positive experience.
- Assist in executing culture-related initiatives, contributing to the planning, coordination, and successful implementation of activities aimed at enhancing our workplace culture.
- Propose and coordinate our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I) initiatives, bringing innovative ideas and taking charge of managing their execution to foster an inclusive and diverse environment.
- Assist with projects to support our P&C Strategy – these may include updating job descriptions, engagement survey debriefs, reporting etc.
As an Office and P&C assistant at We Are Social you should be confident in the following
- You know how to foster a positive workplace culture by coming up with and managing initiatives to enhance team morale and engagement.
- You can coordinate and execute memorable internal and client events seamlessly to enhance the office atmosphere.
- You have a ‘can do’ and ‘will do’ attitude, are proactive, detail-oriented and adept at prioritising multiple tasks and projects.
- You have a lot of energy and ideas, can work with stakeholders at all levels, and can maintain a calm and approachable disposition, even in times of stress.
- You have about 1-2 years of experience.
- You have Australian working rights.
About We Are Social
We Are Social is a socially-led creative agency operating globally at the forefront of marketing and culture. We are the world’s leading social specialist network: Over 1300 social experts in 19 offices around the world proving the power of social thinking to drive business value. We help brands immerse their stories in the real conversations their audience are having. We generate sharp strategies and inspiring campaigns, based on social insights for forward-thinking brands like Samsung, TikTok, Audi, Mastercard, Kayo, PWC and Colgate.
We’re focused on creating ideas worth talking about. How do we do that?
- We put social thinking at the centre of what we do.
- We connect people and brands in meaningful ways.
- We create ideas worth talking about.
- We Are Social.
Here in Sydney, we are a group of people from different walks of life, united by a passion for popular culture. We Are Social is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity of thought and experience at our company. Learn more about our culture and our work.
Are you interested in the opportunity you just read? If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Sangita de Jong (People & Culture Manager at [email protected]). You can apply by sending us your CV. In the interview process, you will meet, among others, (Cristina Forlani (Global Operations Manager & New Business Marketing Director).
VacanciesShowing 1 – 8 of 54
WerkstudentIn Community Management (m/w/d)
CDI – Analyste Social Média Junior
Senior Konzepter:in (w/m/d)
Senior Account Executive for Global Social Media