Research & Insights Analyst Australia Research & Insights
We are looking to hire an ambitious Research & Insight Analyst who is culturally connected and can develop inspiring insights that deliver against our vision to be the smartest social behaviour & culture experts in the world to drive innovation, creativity & effectiveness in ideas.
The Research & Insight Analyst will be working with strategists and account service teams to provide actionable insights and report on meaningful metrics across paid, owned, earned, and influencer programs. You will contribute to data mining, data transformation, and data analysis initiatives for social insights projects such as brand social owned performance, paid campaign analysis, competitive reviews, brand reputation analysis, crisis monitoring, influencer campaign analysis, and audience analysis. The ideal candidate will have the ability to supervise the progress of ongoing insight tasks and recommend opportunities for improvement.
Data analysis and reporting
- You understand the world of brand, digital, and social marketing, including deep knowledge of platforms and social media. You can connect the dots and decode cultural moments into powerful insight.
- You can wrangle data and create reports that clearly communicate performance and lead directly to discussions about business actions.
Teamwork and relationship management
- You’re a great collaborator, working seamlessly with strategists and account service, to develop measurement frameworks and align on research methodologies to track the performance of our programs.
Effectiveness and new business
- You act as an internal expert on social measurement and effectiveness with an ongoing challenge to prove the value of our work.
- You contribute to new business efforts through marketing initiatives and pitching
Your skills and experience:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working for a creative agency, research agency or publisher or 3+ years of working with clients and reporting measurement insights to marketing stakeholders within an organisation
- A functional understanding of social marketing technology platforms including ad managers (Meta Ads, TikTok Ads), owned insights (Facebook Insights, LinkedIn Insights), social public data (Crowdtangle, Fanpage Karma), influencer analytics (Tagger, Traackr), earned data (Brandwatch, Buzzsumo), and data aggregation, manipulation, and visualisation (Supermetrics, BigQuery, Looker Studio).
- You have excellent project management skills, with the ability to work efficiently across multiple teams, clients, and timelines simultaneously.
- Strong proficiency in Google Sheets, Google Slides, and AI tools such as Chat GPT and or Bard.
- An irrepressible passion for social and continued learning.
- You can build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally, based on credibility and trust.
- You are a clear and confident communicator, able to craft a strong narrative and present persuasively.
- Other people will describe you as analytical, curious, collaborative, proactive, resourceful, flexible, open, accountable, and someone who always acts with integrity.
- You are an enthusiast and energetic personality that likes to contribute to the agency culture.
About We Are Social
We Are Social is a socially-led creative agency operating globally at the forefront of marketing and culture. We are the world’s leading social specialist network: Over 1300 social experts in 19 offices around the world proving the power of social thinking to drive business value. We help brands immerse their stories in the real conversations their audience are having. We generate sharp strategies and inspiring campaigns, based on social insights for forward-thinking brands like Samsung, TikTok, Audi, Mastercard, Kayo, PWC and Colgate.
We’re focused on creating ideas worth talking about. How do we do that?
- We put social thinking at the centre of what we do.
- We connect people and brands in meaningful ways.
- We create ideas worth talking about.
- We Are Social.
Here in Sydney, we are a group of people from different walks of life, united by a passion for popular culture. We Are Social is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity of thought and experience at our company. Learn more about our culture and our work.
Are you interested in the opportunity you just read? If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Sangita de Jong (People & Culture Manager at [email protected]). In the interview process, you will meet, among others, Michael Batistisch (Head of Research & Insights) and Russ Mitchinson (Head of Strategy)
VacanciesShowing 1 – 8 of 54
WerkstudentIn Community Management (m/w/d)
CDI – Analyste Social Média Junior
Senior Konzepter:in (w/m/d)
Senior Account Executive for Global Social Media