Visual Content Drives Engagement
The old saying “A picture is worth a thousand words” could well do with a little updating in the age of Social Media and instant photo sharing. We say, “A picture is worth a thousand words, Likes and shares; actually, maybe more!”
Men and women are visual creatures so it should come as no surprise that images are essential tools for social media marketing and engagement. A recent study by M Booth and Simply Measured yielded the following findings which they expressed perfectly in an infographic (but, of course!):
- Facebook: Videos are shared 12 times more than links and text posts combined.
- Facebook: Photos are liked 2 times more than text updates.
- Tumblr: 42% of posts are photos.
- YouTube: 100 million users take a social action on videos every week.
- Pinterest: Refers more traffic for photo and video posts than Twitter, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, and Google+.
In an age where we’re constantly bombarded with information, a visually appealing image within a sea of text arrests the attention of a time-starved individual.
What’s your take? Are you more of a ‘long-reads’ type, or a visual person?
Infographic from MBOOTH via Hubspot