The social, digital and mobile landscape in Asia changes on an almost daily basis, and keeping up to date with this evolution can be quite a challenge.
As a result, many of our clients and partners have similar questions:
- Do Chinese netizens prefer Renren or Sina Weibo?
- What's the internet penetration in India?
- How much of Indonesia's social media use comes from mobile?
We've noticed that it's increasingly difficult to find recent and reliable answers to these questions in just one place, so we've decided to launch our own series of regular reports that answer as many of these questions as possible with accurate, up-to-date information from a range of trusted partners.
Today, we're delighted to share the first of these reports with you: an introduction to the landscape across the region, and an overview of the key numbers in each of its 24 countries.
A few highlights to begin with:
- There are at least 750million social media users across the region;
- Three quarters of Asia's population has a mobile phone;
- More than two thirds of Asia's internet users access the web via mobile devices;
You'll find many more valuable nuggets in the full report above.
And don't worry if you need more data on a specific Asian country too - we'll be following this post with more individual country reports over the next few days, so check back for in-depth profiles of China, India, Indonesia, Japan, and 20 more Asian countries.