Project Manager – Social Content United Kingdom Delivery
We Are Social, is a world-class social agency – delivering innovative strategic thinking, creative ideas made for social channels and social content for a wide range of brands at a local and global level.
As a market-leading social creative agency, we produce a wide range of social content, from brand and campaign strategy, video content, live streams, visual assets, events, innovation work, stunts, playbooks, editorial content and social content strategies; either freestanding or as part of a larger ATL campaign.
We are now looking for a Project Manager to join our production team and work across one of our most exciting and fastest-growing brands, a gaming publisher – bringing with you previous experience in producing and delivering social-first content,, and with an enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
You will be able to draw on your existing knowledge of how social content is produced and how to successfully deliver social assets, and must be confident in all main project management tasks – scoping/costing work, producing project timing plans, resourcing the work on an ongoing basis, ensuring the quality of the agency output across the account, and stay on top of incoming and outgoing communication.
This role also includes possible line-management of one Junior PM within the team and support and some mentoring of PM skills to the existing Juniors working on this account.
You need to be a natural communicator, friendly and approachable with great attention to detail and accuracy in all communications, whether internal or external. All WAS PMs are client facing, and the ability to build good client relationships will be part of the role from the very start.
You do not need work experience from a gaming brand; it is however a benefit to either be a keen gamer or have great understanding of how online gaming works. The Activision/COD team are all keen gamers and will be able to help you get up to speed should you not have played the game before, but always wanted to!
This role is also suited for someone who has a certain level of technical skills; whilst there is no tech/dev work involved in the social content we produce, we use a selection of tools which require some immersion and level of competency to use. These are content management systems, as well as publishing tools, looking after the approval process and publishing of content across the many workstreams to over 18 markets, most days of the week.
The nature of our offering here at We Are Social requires a high level of flexibility, common sense and versatility. Our client’s expectations and being market leaders require a ‘can do’ approach from all our staff, paired with the ability to manage client expectations and say no when that is the right thing to do.
Key Project Management Responsibilities:
- Proven ‘traditional’ PM skills including producing/updating timing plans, project scoping and budgets, SoWs/delivery plans, booking and managing resources, managing ongoing deadlines and deliverables
- Supporting the wider COD team members with tasks in a diligent and reliable way
- A strict view on quality. It is important that we run an error free account. Quality control is integral to what we do and the role requires someone who is going to make this their priority.
- Take ownership of projects that are delegated to you, and see them through until completion
- Good team manager – you have experience of and are confident of planning work, delegating tasks and briefing/supporting the project team
- Good with finances, you are confident with budgets and understand that effort equals money
- Confident managing a variety of work intended for social platforms including editorial content, video assets, written posts, and the process of localising and/or trans-creation of content for social channels/platforms
- Have either work experience of publishing of social media assets (using a platform or tool or native posting), and/or good understanding of how this works
- Good social platform knowledge and keen interest in gaming and entertainment trends although this is not essential
- Familiar with agency turn-around times and ways of working – good understanding of the dynamics of agency processes and enjoy the fast pace and challenges this brings
- Proactive and good at foreseeing problems, and can articulate these to the relevant people when required
- Flexible approach to working hours as from time to time some of the work (Activision) may happen outside of standard working hours (e.g. during live streaming events for new launches, global gaming events which need coverage etc.)
Key personality traits:
- Interested/excited by gaming – gaming experience of COD/Blizzard is a plus
- Confident and enjoys a challenge
- Positive, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and enjoys being busy
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Good with finances and figures (‘head for numbers’)
- Can demonstrate the ability to prioritise work and handle a lot of moving parts
- Enjoy managing resources and output across multiple departments
- Good communicator – both with internal and external individuals
- Good team player and enjoys supporting/mentoring more junior colleagues
- Fun, friendly and outgoing
Agency & Finance Responsibilities
- Ensure all documentation is per agency standards, all documentation is detailed and correct, and that the relevant templates/formats are being used
- Ensure that internal cost approval processes are followed across all your projects
- Ensure that agency resources are used efficiently (i.e. your booked resources)
- Ensure all work is signed off at the right stages, by the right people (both internal sign-off, and client approvals, e.g. of creative ideas or video assets)
- Become proficient in using the agency’s finance system (Workbook)
- Do timesheets weekly and proactively ensure that other project team members also complete their timesheets in a timely fashion, allowing for accurate recces
Why should you join our team?
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one day for each year of service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Corporate Social Responsibility – time given to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Long Service Awards at 5 & 10 years
- Optional sabbaticals after 5 years
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer hours
VacanciesShowing 1 – 8 of 116
Research & Insight Senior Analyst
CDI – Consultant(e) Social Média Junior