Planner Singapore Planning
We Are Social is a global socially-led creative agency with unrivalled social media expertise. With more than 1300 people in 18 offices spanning four continents and over 80 people here in our Singapore office, we deliver world-class creative campaigns and strategies based on social insights, for forward-thinking brands.
Overall Purpose of the Strategy Team
A client-facing role, developing innovative strategic solutions for clients and helping them navigate the rapidly evolving world of marketing and communications. Where digital/social, advertising, branding, direct marketing, PR, media, and emerging platforms are all now converging and demand integrated strategic thinking that can catalyse cross-disciplinary opportunities.
Our Planning department is a crucial part of the Agency’s success, helping clients put Social Thinking at the heart of marketing, focus on understanding people and the evolving role of social to generate powerful socially-driven, data-fuelled insights which can drive actionable business value for brands.
What does the role involve?
- Taking client briefs, challenging them, developing them into inspiring and informative internal briefs. Keeping abreast of new trends and developments and sharing those with the rest of the team and company on a regular basis.
- Keeping abreast of new trends and developments and sharing those with the rest of the team and company on a regular basis, with an eye to how this impacts and implicates the work we do for existing and potential clients.
- You will be responsible for turning ideas into well-rounded, strategically-sound, deliverable plans that you lead and write, collaborating with others in the team to encompass audience insights, trend analysis, marketing/media executions, timings and budgets.
- Driving the conception and development of innovative on-brief digital ideas for clients and/or new business, from bigger campaign themes to smaller execution/technology-led ideas. You should be able to guide and lead the ideas-generation process, identifying and building on any ideas from other people within the agency. Having a pulse on new trends, developments, emerging platforms, and a sense of potential possibilities will also set you up for success in this role.
- Articulating those plans for clients in written and spoken form – writing and giving clear presentations. Once ideas are sold-in, you will then be the guardian of that plan, ensuring it’s delivered in a way that remains on-brief and in-line with the agreed vision. This involves working closely with those implementing all elements, from designers, to developers to marketing managers.
Research and Analysis
- We are looking for creative problem-solvers so intellectual curiosity is a must. You will need to have a decent to good understanding of research approaches (on and offline) and be able to apply these approaches to uncover breakthrough insights that can drive our client business forward.
- Tools we use include: Brandwatch, Global Web Index, Sysomos, Synthesio, Crimson Hexagon and Euromonitor
- Research approaches we use include: social listening, ethnography, fieldwork, interviews, semiotics
- Keen focus and understanding of how client business works and ability to develop strategic approaches clearly designed to help grow clients’ brands and achieve their business objectives.
- Good understanding of marketing and social effectiveness and how to design for performance, measure, and track success both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- You will also play a vital part in new business development, meeting prospective clients, presenting credentials, taking briefs and leading pitches. So you will be excited by the prospect of developing the agency as a business, pushing us into new areas, selling our ideas and approaches to new clients from new sectors.
- Previous creative agency experience in Strategy/Planning capacity, ideally within a digital agency
- Open, inquisitive, proactive, can-do character with a focus on effective problem solving in creative ways
- Structured thinker and organised doer who understands and can adhere to project management timelines and processes
- Keen interest in communications/marketing trends and culture
- Some fluency or comfort level in crafting data-driven strategic thinking
- Social media/advertising/brand enthusiast
- Confident enough to speak up, challenge and ask why (a lot)
- Collaborative with a passion for delivering industry defining work
- Brings something new to the agency – demonstrate individual passions and expertise
VacanciesShowing 1 – 8 of 42
WerkstudentIn Community Management (m/w/d)
CDI – Analyste Social Média Junior
Art Director – Content Creator
WerkstudentIn Intelligence (m/w/d)
Social Media Writer – US Experience