A critical agency role focused on driving high performance teams to deliver client and agency growth.
Our client services department is a crucial part of the agency’s success, working closely with the world’s biggest brands to deliver award-winning, creative and effective socially-led marketing solutions.
As Account Director, your remit is to professionally run key client relationships and account teams to the highest standard. Additional to this, the role is also critical to the support and roll out of key initiatives that positively impact client service teams performance and culture.
You are a natural motivator whose focus is to keep the teams moving through the work, while you address and remove any challenges in the way. You work with confidence and authority to get the job done, and run your team with the financial competence and rigour of a standalone business.
To the client, you are a strategic lead and trusted confidant, who understands their business inside and out. You are competitive, and drive your teams to outperform and outthink the competition, with your ultimate aim to grow, retain and build our agency footprint.
Areas of Focus:
• Lead and develop existing clients by building excellent senior client relationships and exploring the opportunities available with insightful, strategic solutions.
• Demonstrate strategic thinking and forward planning of all the client work within your remit
• Take overall responsibility for ensuring the delivery of client activity and inter-agency projects
• Ensure that your teams are delivering excellent client service and account management across your client portfolio
• Day to day management and mentorship of your team
• Financial management of all of your accounts including accurate forecasting, profitability and resource management.
• Increase revenues in existing client business against key financial targets
• Handling of new business leads that are assigned to you
• Knowledge sharing and thought leadership – on a local & global basis
Key role deliverables
Client and agency:
• To deliver client relationship management at the highest level and drive agency teams, locally & globally (where relevant) to deliver outstanding work & service, ultimately helping ensure our agency financial target is met
• To work with MD/BD on establishing and improving client and team workflow, to ultimately remove over servicing and increase billings
• To support MD/BD on departmental initiatives to improve collaboration, relationships and culture
• To provide clients with inspiring and exciting social and digital thought leadership with the aim of maximizing new business opportunities from the group portfolio
• Provide management & support of your group to ensure that they are delivering to the clients strategic plan
• To support MD/BD in account planning, resourcing and investment case preparation to maximise client revenue.
• To maintain strong relationships with all senior decision makers and influencers within both client, company and other agencies and actively track client contacts for commercial gain
• To be a role model; gaining commitment in others to perform above and beyond
• To develop and set high standards of excellence to which others aspire
• To be responsible for the motivation and morale of the team. Inspiring people to embrace & actively participate in achieving the agency’s vision, giving public recognition for their successes
• To promote an empowering and positive environment within client services, encouraging people to make decisions confidently, and take responsibility for actions
• Confronts people problems quickly, and unafraid to take negative action when required - way ahead of any impact on business / team performance
• Provides a consistently positive and level headed outlook, even under extreme pressure
• Makes a strong positive impact and impression internally & externally
• Ensures their team builds strong internal partnerships to achieve business goals. Promoting and supporting internal initiatives where needed
• Coaches and mentors individuals to develop relationships with client/s on a suitable personal and professional level
• Identifies opportunities where key individuals can raise their profile within the Agency or with the client. Helps the team build their personal brand
• Builds a strong sense of team spirit and mutual respect, builds shared pride for the agency achievements and actively recognises the input of others
• Can confidently organise and manage large, numerous or complex client teams with potentially conflicting goals
• Quickly identifies issues and coaches team/s to resolve problems promptly & confidently
• Develops and share skills/knowledge with team/peers
• Identifies group training needs, and works with MD/BD to plan and address skills gaps to ensure the teams competitive edge
• Demonstrates exceptional, confident communication & presentation skills, and delivers with gravitas. Can present on a range of topics from digital ideas, concepts and inspirational sessions, to clients on an individual and group basis, ensuring even complex ideas are simple & clear to understand
• Ensures others communicate issues openly, honestly & respectfully - and manages all situations fully to resolution
• Regularly keeps team up to date on important client, industry or internal information
• Objectively challenges the decisions of others – not afraid to rock the boat
Desired Skills and Experience:
• A high profile individual - someone who is widely trusted and seen as direct and honest, both internally and externally
• Exceptional communication & presentation skills
• An inspirational leader to both team and clients
• Degree or similar high level qualification in Marketing & Communication
• 7+ years experience working within a digital creative agency with experience across all aspects of digital marketing, PR, Social, content, media, tech & innovation.
• Excellent people management skills, which is shown in a collaborative style.
• A cooperative team player – willing to solve issues for the good of all
• A genuine passion and belief in the power of social thinking
• Strong commercial and financial acumen
• A track record of successful & profitable new business initiatives
• Drive and ambition– a personal focus on maintaining leading edge professional skills and knowledge
If you possess the above qualities and think you are the one we’re looking for, send your resume and portfolio over to us at email@example.com.