Our Client Services team is a crucial part of the agency’s success, working closely with the world’s biggest brands to deliver award-winning, creative and effective socially-led marketing solutions. As a Business Director, you will be responsible for developing client relationships at the highest level and drive agency teams, locally & globally to deliver outstanding work & service.
What does the role involve?
- Ensuring the stability of, and delivering a forecasted revenue target across multiple GAD groups
- Leadership team internal support across group client strategy (UK outwards), including training, partnerships, team planning and recruitment
- Direct GAD support including owning key senior client relationships and supporting multiple teams to achieve their revenue goals
- Global client team development (UK outwards) where appropriate
- Support of the Client Partner in new business, including working with the GAD teams to onboard and embed quickly and effectively
- Strategic client planning support to GAD’s – from annual roadmaps to quarterly reviews
- Knowledge Sharing and thought leadership – local & global
- We Are Social PR & business profile
Key role deliverables:
Client and Agency
- To work with UK Board on establishing and improving departmental collaboration to improve workflow and reduce internal over servicing
- To provide clients with inspiring and exciting social and digital thought leadership with the aim of maximizing new business opportunities from the existing agency portfolio
- To deliver effective contribution to successful pitches and new business initiatives for the London team (global extension where relevant)
- Provide management & support of group account directors on team/s to ensure that agency is delivering to clients strategic plan
- To support CSD/HCS in global account planning, resourcing and investment case preparation to expand UK remit and client revenue.
- To maintain strong relationships with all senior decision makers and influencers within both client, company and other agencies and actively track client contacts for commercial gain
- Encourage senior teams to recognise and act on opportunities to bring business groups together for mutual benefit
- To proactively network within the industry for agency commercial gain, opening and developing viable alternatives to existing income streams
- To be responsible for motivation and morale of GAD group teams. Inspire people to embrace & actively participate in achieving individual and agency’s vision, giving public recognition for their successes
- To promote an empowering and positive environment within client services, encouraging people to make decisions and confidently take responsibility for actions
- Confronts people problems quickly, and not afraid to take negative action when required
- Responsibility for performance and financial results of team/s totaling £5-7million net revenue
- Provide a consistently positive and level headed outlook, even under extreme pressure
- Make a strong positive impact and impression internally & externally
- Ensures CS team builds strong internal partnerships to achieve shared agency business goals. Promoting client trios and supporting internal initiatives where needed
- Coaches team to develop relationships with client/s on a suitable personal and professional level
- Identifies opportunities where key senior leads can raise their profile within the Agency or with the client. Helps team build their personal brand
- Builds a strong sense of team spirit and mutual respect, build shared pride for agency achievements and actively recognise the input of others.
- Manages large, numerous or complex teams with potentially conflicting goals
- Quickly identifies issues and coach team/s to resolve promptly & confidently
- Develops and share skills/knowledge with team/peers – locally & globally using the SHIP as key communications tool, alongside creating and leading larger departmental events
- Identifies group training needs, and works with CSD/HCS to plan and address skills gaps to ensure the teams competitive edge.
- Demonstrates exceptional, confident communication & presentation skills, and delivers with gravitas. Can present on a range of topics from digital ideas, concepts and inspirational sessions, to clients on an individual and group basis, ensuring even complex ideas are simple & clear to understand
- A confident public speaker and presenter at external events – positively promoting agency and social vision
- Demonstrates exceptional political skills and integrity – and knows who to influence and howEnsures others communicate issues openly, honestly & respectfully
- Regularly keeps team up to date on important client or internal information
- Regularly reports on financial and team status for planning, training, forecast & re-forecast purposes to CSD / MP / Senior team
- Objectively challenges the decisions of others – not afraid to rock the boat.
What are we looking for?
- A high profile - someone who is widely trusted and seen as direct and honest both internally and externally
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills
- An inspirational leader to both team and clients
- 10 years experience working within a digital creative agency with experience across all aspects of digital marketing, PR, Social, content, media, tech & innovation
- Excellent people management skills, which is shown in a collaborative style. A co-operative team player – willing to solve issues for the good of all
- A genuine passion and belief in the power of social thinking
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- A track record of successful & profitable new business initiatives
- Drive and ambition– a personal focus on maintaining leading edge professional skills and knowledge.
Why should you join our team?
- 23 Days holiday, increasing by 1 day for each year of service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive internal and external staff training programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Corporate Social Responsibility - time given to volunteer with our partnered charity
- Annual ski trip in Europe
- Cycle-to-work scheme (so that you can cycle into London's only cycle-in office)
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Long Service Awards - at 3, 5 & 10 years
- Optional sabbaticals after 3 and 5 years
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff events: yoga, language lessons, monthly nail bar, wellness check-ups onsite, basketball & squash court for hire
- Social clubs: running club, documentary club and many more
- Summer hours
- Free breakfast