The Project Manager will own several project and/or campaign workstreams and be responsible for delivering these to time and budget. You will draw on your existing knowledge of how social content is produced and how to successfully deliver your project, demonstrating solid Project Management skills –including scoping work, documenting key deliverables and associated timings and cost, booking resources, and managing a project team and project from start to completion.
As a Project Manager at We Are Social, you will be involved in working across a range of social platforms and types of deliverables, across multiple projects and clients. You will be part of a small and versatile PM team and the role comes with a lot of opportunities to take ownership of your work and to make a mark for yourself within the agency.
You need to be a natural communicator, friendly and approachable with a good attention to detail and accuracy in all communication, whether internal or external. All WAS PMs are client facing, and the ability to build good client relationships will be part of the role as you become competent in the production processes of We Are Social.
A large part of the role is focussed on content production (video production and live streaming). Therefore, previous Producer knowledge will be advantageous such as; how to prepare and attend/manage (social content) shoots, being able to support the internal creative/design teams and crew, find and book venues, talent, secure permits and props etc. Any previous experience/ involvement in outdoor events or doing live stunts is also a bonus.
What does the role involve?
• Writing/updating timing plans, budgets, SoWs/delivery plans, booking and managing resources and managing a project team
• Take ownership of projects allocated to you and see them through until completion
• Manage and fully understand budgets throughout all your projects ensuring that internal cost approval processes are followed across all your projects
• Oversee a variety of work intended for social platforms including social and editorial content, influencer outreach and management, (events,) experiential and innovation
• Support the senior team members with tasks when requested, as well as our in-house video production house when they require support
• Communiate good social platform knowledge and understand what audiences look for in social content
• Ensure all documentation is per agency standards, all documentation is detailed and correct, and that the relevant templates/formats are being used
• Ensure that agency resources are used efficiently (i.e. your booked resources)
• Ensure all work is signed off at the right stages, by the right people (both internal sign-off, and client approvals, e.g. of creative ideas or video assets)
• Monitoring project costs and proactively communicate overruns/financial issues to your senior team member in a timely manner
What are we looking for?
• Familiar with agency turn-around times and ways of working – good understanding of the dynamics of agency processes and enjoy the pace and challenges this brings
• Good understanding of video production for small to medium-sized shoots, including all pre-production, production and relevant documentation
• Confident and enjoys a challenge
• Positive, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and enjoys being busy
• Organised with good attention to detail
• Good with finances and figures (‘head for numbers’)
• Can demonstrate the ability to prioritise work and handle a lot of moving parts
• Enjoy managing resources and output across multiple departments
• Good communicator – both with internal and external individuals
• Good team player
Why should you join our team?
23 days holiday, increasing by one day for each year of service Private Medical Insurance Company pension scheme Group Income Protection Optional Dental Insurance Comprehensive internal and external staff training programme Corporate Social Responsibility - time given to volunteer with our partnered charity Annual ski trip in Europe Cycle-to-work scheme (so that you can cycle into London's only cycle-in office) Season ticket loan scheme Long Service Awards - at 3, 5 & 10 years Optional sabbaticals after 3 and 5 years Employee Assistance Programme Staff events: yoga, language lessons, monthly nail bar, wellness check-ups onsite, basketball & squash court for hire Social clubs: running club, documentary club and many more Summer hours Free breakfast
A little bit about us:
We’re a global agency, with more than 600 people in 10 offices around the world, 150 here in our London HQ. We deliver world-class creative campaigns and strategies based on social insights, for forward-thinking brands including adidas, Audi, Google and Netflix. And we've been recognised as one of the UK's best places to work for several years in a row. We’re focused on creating ideas powered by people, not platforms – a formula that’s proven very successful over the last eight years.