The Sports Project Manager will work within the WAS Sports team, and be responsible for delivering projects on an ongoing basis. You will collaborate with the Client Services and Creative teams, drawing on your existing knowledge and expertise of how to produce and deliver social content.All WAS PMs are client facing, so you will have the ability to build good client and third-party relationships.
A large part of the role is focussed on content production including video production, live streaming and event management. The Sports team already has its own Production team specialising video production, but due to large volumes of work, support for the Production team is often needed.
What will the role involve?
- Scoping and costing work, deliver project timing plans, book resources, and manage a fast-moving multi-disciplined team on a daily basis.
- Ensure the necessary documentation for projects is produced, including SoWs, status reports, recces/finance updates, approvals in writing etc.
- Supporting the video production team with projects, planning and job scoping
- Take ownership of projects and see them through until completion
- Strong head for finances, you know what a job takes in effort to deliver, and you stay on top of budgets throughout all your projects
- Confident managing a variety of work intended for social platforms including social and editorial content, influencer work, events, video etc.
- Good social platform knowledge and understand what good, contemporary social content is
What are we looking for?
- A natural and confident communicator, friendly and approachable with a good attention to detail and accuracy in all communication, whether internal or external
- A confident project team-manager, rallying the troops and ensuring the team meets deadlines and that relevant check-ins/ reviews happen throughout the project lifecycle
- Ideally have some previous Producer knowledge, i.e. how to prepare and attend/manage (social content) shoots, being able to support the internal creative/design teams and crew and help ensure shoots are properly planned and scoped by the Production team
- Good understanding of the dynamics of agency processes and enjoy the pace and challenges this brings
- Proactive and good at foreseeing problems, with the ability to mitigate issues as soon as they are identified, - and know when to escalate issues
- Detail oriented and takes responsibility for getting all parts of every job done
Why should you join our team?
- 23 days holiday, increasing by one day for each year of service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive internal and external staff training programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Corporate Social Responsibility - time given to volunteer with our partnered charity
- Annual ski trip in Europe
- Cycle-to-work scheme (so that you can cycle into London's only cycle-in office)
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Long Service Awards - at 3, 5 & 10 years
- Optional sabbaticals after 3 and 5 years
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff events: yoga, language lessons, monthly nail bar, wellness check-ups onsite, basketball & squash court for hire
- Social clubs: running club, documentary club and many more
- Summer hours
- Free breakfast
A little bit about us:
We are a global agency who deliver world-class creative ideas with forward-thinking brands. We connect people and brands in meaningful ways by creating ideas people like and share. We call this social thinking. With an international team of over 800 and offices in New York, Madrid, London, Paris, Milan, Munich, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo and Sydney our mission is to put social thinking at the centre of marketing. We work with clients including adidas, Activision, Google, Vodafone and Audi on global, regional and local projects.