We are looking for a brilliant and ambitious Associate Editorial Director to help us to deliver world-class content for world-class brands.
The ideal candidate will have a real passion, knowledge and understanding of all aspects of news - with a strong emphasis on entertainment and popular culture. Your ability to identify, connect, and translate daily news-gatherings into smart, compelling and jaw-dropping content will be a fundamental part of our plans for We Are Social’s award-winning newsroom.
Your work will have challenged the status quo and pushed boundaries, showing your ability to combine creativity, strategic thinking and effectiveness. You will know the power of a story and how to use this to engage audiences, especially on social media.
This is a role for an experienced editorial leader, someone who can spot a good angle a mile off and is on top of the social landscape. You’ll also be able to see the bigger picture - how an idea can transcend social platforms and work on other media and in the real world.
You will be experienced in creating content solutions for local, regional and global clients. You will be expected to lead pitches to new clients, and to put together compelling editorial responses, based on audience insight and with clear measurable goals.
What does the role involve?
· Supporting the Head of Editorial in delivering on the department vision
· Producing strategically sound, creatively compelling content strategies and content
· Leading a large team of editors and writers in our daily newsroom to produce category leading creative that’s audience-led
· Accountability for the editorial integrity, quality and effectiveness of We Are Social’s work
· Creating, evolving and owning relationships with clients and other partner agencies
· Pitching for new business
· Developing proprietary ways of working and products
What are we looking for?
· A breadth of experience in social, digital and other communications platforms, such as print or broadcast
· Passion for news and the ability to create, drive and deliver original journalism across all platforms. Senior level news leadership and experience of a newsroom environment will be a distinct advantage.
· Proven ability to work quickly and effectively across all platforms, web and social
· Proven flair for ideas and creating agenda-setting content
· Demonstrable experience turning insight into content and measuring the impact of your work
· An understanding and appreciation of working with strategy, creative and insight departments
· Experience of being a guardian of tone and quality
· A keen interest in social media and appreciation of the rapidly changing social landscape
· Expert knowledge of social media marketing and how to orchestrate the relationships between owned, earned and paid media
Leadership skills and experience
· Ability to inspire and lead teams and work well under pressure
· Ability to work quickly and to short deadlines
· Experience pitching and presenting to senior stakeholders
· Experience of managing a team
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to oversee projects from concept to delivery
· Collaboration with other specialisms to create the very best work
· Ability to scope work and manage budgets
· High editorial standards; for your team, clients and the agency
· Experience working at senior management level
Why should you join our team?
- 23 days holiday, increasing by one day for each year of service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive internal and external staff training programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Corporate Social Responsibility - time given to volunteer with our partnered charity
- Annual ski trip in Europe
- Cycle-to-work scheme (so that you can cycle into London's only cycle-in office)
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Long Service Awards - at 3, 5 & 10 years
- Optional sabbaticals after 3 and 5 years
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff events: yoga, monthly nail bar, wellness check-ups onsite, basketball & squash court for hire
- Social clubs: running club, documentary club and many more
- Summer hours
- Free breakfast
A little bit about us:
We are a global agency who deliver world-class creative ideas with forward-thinking brands. We connect people and brands in meaningful ways by creating ideas people like and share. We call this social thinking. With an international team of over 800 and offices in New York, Madrid, London, Paris, Milan, Munich, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo and Sydney our mission is to put social thinking at the centre of marketing. We work with clients including adidas, Activision, Google, Vodafone and Audi on global, regional and local projects.