Resource Manager United Kingdom Delivery
We Are Social is a global agency, with more than 1000 people across 11 offices around the world, and with over 180 here in our London HQ. We deliver world-class creative campaigns and strategies based on social insights, for forward-thinking brands like adidas, Audi, LIDL & Kellogg’s. And we’ve been recognised as one of the UK’s best places to work for several years in a row.
Our Creative departments create award-winning, socially led, shareable ideas that affect culture, and our Resourcing team is crucial to making our work a success. As our agency is growing, we are now looking for an experienced Resource Manager to join our existing Resource Department of four. You will need previous agency (or equivalent) experience, and will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to think strategically about resource planning and management. Our agency is a fast-moving environment, with lots of changing goalposts every day and we’re looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced company where you will be busy, and no two days are the same.
You will own roughly a fourth of the work going through the agency and be responsible for ensuring all resourced individuals in your teams are booked, and that their time is managed and utilised efficiently each day. You will have at least three years experience working within creative services or resource departments and must be used to managing multiple creative teams at any given time. You must demonstrate that you are proactive and have excellent communication and organisational skills, as well as experience of dealing with people at all levels.
What does the role involve?
• Liaise daily with Project Managers/Producers & Account Managers to understand all booking requirements across internal and external (freelance) resources
• Ensuring Client Services have client approvals for projects and all job numbers and costs are approved
• Manage your assigned departments daily, their workloads, progress and bottlenecks, process of internal approvals and meeting deadlines
• Manage deadlines for multiple projects and prioritise for the agency requirements
• Make recommendations on which resource is best suited to the work coming through the agency and liaise with the relevant Department Heads for getting approvals
• Ensure all resources are aware of what they’re working on each day and the immediate time frame
• Ensure time management of all resources within your Group
• Update Client Service teams if there are delays or issues with their work being completed on time
• Work with the senior team managers/Department Heads to prioritise work going through the agency if there is a need to escalate decisions re. resource utilisation
• Attend and chair weekly WiP meetings to gather a detailed view of the workload going through the agency, relevant to your departments
• Ensure timesheets are completed for your departments
• Assist the Heads of Departments in the day-to-day duties to run the department where relevant
• Ensure all administration associated with team members, whether new perm team members or freelancers is completed, including contracts, NDAs and timesheets
• Ensure the correct Senior Management approvals are obtained before booking freelance resource
• At all times work as part of the wider Creative Services team in knowledge sharing and supporting each other, covering team members on their days off etc.
• Getting involved in our resourcing WoW and how we can improve on them as accounts grow
What are we looking for?
• You must be solutions driven, proactive and approachable by nature
• 3 years experience in an agency or equivalent environment is required
• A confident decision maker for resource allocations
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
• Able to prioritise in busy times and not easily flustered
• Excellent communication skills and able to efficiently work across multiple comms channels daily (e.g. chat, email, calls)
• Ability to deal with people at all levels within the agency
• Excellent time management skills incl. ability ability to effectively establish what to do yourself and what to delegate
• Great organisational skills; a natural ‘fixer’ of problems
• Keen eye for detail
• Passionate about the creative output of the agency
• Experience of working with a resource management tool is beneficial
Why should you join our team?
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one day for each year of service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Corporate Social Responsibility – time given to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Long Service Awards at 5 & 10 years
- Optional sabbaticals after 5 years
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer hours
VacanciesShowing 1 – 8 of 109