Project Manager United Kingdom Delivery
We Are Social is focused on creating ideas powered by people, not platforms – a formula that’s proven very successful. As the We Are Social network continues to grow, we have launched a new sister agency called Hello to help service a more diverse set of clients.
As a new offering to our clients, the ambition is to rapidly grow the business, further diversifying the group’s client list, its offering and creative output.
As Hello is a new venture, employees will have a tangible role in defining the agency’s culture, methodologies, its reputation within the market, and its growth. As a result we are looking for entrepreneurial and ambitious individuals to join the journey at this exciting formative stage.
We have identified a need to hire a Mid-weight Project Manager / Producer to join as a founding member of our Delivery team – bringing with you previous experience of delivering content for distribution in social channels, and with an enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. The role will work closely with an Account Director and the Head of Business Development to service existing clients and help to grow this part of the business ongoing.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a newly formed steadily growing team consisting of client services, editorial, strategy, research and design. You will be managing a combination of project and retainer work, and be actively involved in growing the existing accounts, as well as being part of the pitch team for new opportunities. Experience as a Studio Manager or from a role where you also planned and managed resources will also be of benefit for this role.
You will draw on your existing knowledge of how social content is produced and how to successfully deliver daily social content, and you must be able to demonstrate solid Project Management skills – including scoping work, documenting key deliverables and associated timings and cost, booking resources, and managing a project team with focus on hitting deadlines, and be confident managing projects from start to completion.
Experience in photography, film and video production would also be advantageous, such as organising and executing film or photography shoots on location or in a studio with a firm understanding of the legal and logistical practicalities required. Across all of our clients we are first and foremost a content creator, and this role will need to be a go-to person in the team to support and consult on all kinds of content shoots.
You need to be a natural communicator, friendly and approachable with a good attention to detail and accuracy in all communication, whether internal or external. As the main client contact for projects that are in production, good client management skills are key, as is managing your own time, and setting expectations for the client for what will be delivered when. You will also be involved in pitch work within the agency, alongside the Business Development Director; PMing the pitch team efforts from when a brief arrives, until the pitch is delivered.
The nature of our offering here at Hello requires a high level of flexibility, common sense and versatility. Our clients’ expectations, and being leaders within our field, require a ‘can do’ approach from all our staff; a commitment to finding solutions and looking for innovative ways to deliver work on an ongoing basis.
Project Manager / Producer Responsibilities:
- Proven ‘traditional’ PM skills including writing/updating timing plans, budgets, SoWs/delivery plans, booking and managing resources and managing a project team
- A strong understanding and previous experience of production delivery, setting up and executing shoots for photography and/or video and working with third party production suppliers, locations managers and local councils on securing shoot permits, etc
- Take ownership of retainer deliverables and see them through until completion
- Good with finances, you understand that effort equals budget-spend, and you stay on top of budgets throughout all your projects. This includes weekly reconciliations
- Used to managing clients and managing client expectations and comms
- Used to working in a very fast paced environment, managing multiple work streams and project teams at the same time
- Confident managing a variety of work intended for social platforms including social and editorial content, experiential ideas and some innovation projects
- Good social platform knowledge and understanding of what audiences look for in social content; good knowledge of formats and platform restrictions
- Familiar with agency turn-around times and ways of working – good understanding of the dynamics of agency processes and enjoy the pace and challenges this brings
- Proactive and good at foreseeing problems, and can articulate these to the relevant people when required
- Flexible approach to working hours as some show launches//shoots/interviews may happen outside of standard working hours
- Good with systems and resource booking/finance tools – our agency uses a selection of tools and as a PM you will be expected to learn how to use them well and stay on top of comms, bookings and planning via such tools on a daily basis
Key personality traits:
- Confident and enjoys a challenge
- Positive, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and enjoys being busy
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Good with finances and figures (‘head for numbers’)
- Enthusiastic about tools, systems and processes
- Can demonstrate the ability to prioritise work and handle a lot of fast moving parts
- Enjoy managing resources and output across multiple departments
- Good at managing people and understand how to get the best out of a team and a client
- Good communicator – both with internal and external individuals, and client
- Good team player
- Fun, friendly and outgoing
Agency & Finance Responsibilities:
- Ensure all documentation is per agency standards, all documentation is detailed and correct, and that the relevant templates/formats are being used
- Support project teams on production-based projects and applying expertise to the planning and execution of content shoots, including pre-production, production and relevant documentation
- Proactively ensure all work is paid for – and that client requests are costed and approved before work is booked for production
- Ensure that internal cost approval processes are followed across all your projects
- Ensure that agency resources are used efficiently (i.e. your booked resources)
- Ensure all work is signed off at the right stages, by the right people (both internal sign-off, and client approvals, e.g. of creative ideas or video assets)
- Become proficient in using the agency’s finance system (Workbook)
- Do timesheets weekly, and proactively ensure that other project team members also complete their timesheets in a timely fashion, allowing for accurate recces
- Proactively ensure profitability of your account – monitoring project costs and proactively communicate overruns/financial issues to your senior team member in a timely manner
- Some experience with pitches incl. developing costs proposals for new work and clients
Why should you join our team?
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one day for each year of service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Corporate Social Responsibility – time given to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Optional sabbaticals after 5 years
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer hours
- Work From Anywhere
- We Are Social Passport
VacanciesShowing 1 – 8 of 90
Senior Copywriter (Japanese) / Associate Creative Director
CDI – Consultant(e) Social Média Junior