We’re looking for a top-class senior editor to join our team working in gaming and other key client areas. You’ll help to shape the European social media presence of one of the world’s top video game publishers as well as create social content for automotive, news and other genres.
You’ll be well-versed in gaming culture and be able to hold your own when talking about just about any title with the most hardened aficionado. Preferably you will have worked for a gaming publication or brand in the past.
You'll live and breathe gaming in social, with a long list of favourite Twitch streamers and strong opinions on how brands are operating in this space. Discord is your Reddit. You'll be abreast of all the latest news and trends due to following the right gaming experts and journalists on Twitter. You’re also passionate about writing and editing as a craft and quick off the mark when it comes to social platform developments.
This is a creative role, so you’ll be responsible for identifying and crafting stories, and translating strategic direction into winning content for a global audience. As well as coming up with ideas you’ll need the skills to sell them into the client and report back on how they performed. You’ll be part of our pitch teams for new business and should be able to turn your hand to genres beyond just gaming.
Our editorial team is a crucial part of our agency’s success; we bring together writers and editors from web, broadcast, print and social. We know gaming is the future and we need you to help our clients see that too.
- Producing global content reactively based on community insights
- Producing strategically sound content pillars, content strategies and content laydowns
- Overseeing the day-to-day planning, creation and delivery of content, both copy and design.
- Overseeing the day-to-day community management of writers on their team, pushing them to look for proactive ways to grow the accounts and win fame
- Overseeing, subbing, editing, and signing off content laydowns
- Guardianship of clients’ tone of voice and the quality of content output
- Attending and present in client-facing meetings
- Proactively identifying opportunities to expand your client’s social presence
- Pitching for new business
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Managing the day-to-day operation of projects and campaigns
- Developing proprietary ways of working and products
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrable experience of content planning
- A knack for ideas and an understanding of the creative process
- In depth knowledge of platforms and platform updates
- Exceptional writing skills
- A passion for and knowledge of gaming
- A flair for writing in authentic gaming language
- Experience of managing people
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Knowledge of how to use analytics and data to inform content creation
- Flawless editing and proofing skills
- Confidence in attending and presenting in client-facing meetings
- Ability to work well under pressure and in changing environments
- A minimum of 7 years working as an editor in publishing and/or social