Copywriter United States Editorial
Our growing team in New York City is hiring a copywriter to join our squad of socially-led thinkers, doers and creators.
We are looking for a first-class writer who can create world-class work and help us drive our vision to make Ideas Worth Talking About. This candidate (hopefully you) must be proactive and have exceptional writing skills. They need to know what content works across different social platforms and be able to adapt to writing for different brand voices.
The copywriter will work alongside our design team, ACD, and Creative Directors to create and execute ideas for some of the biggest brands in the world.
- Concepting ideas for anything from a huge multi-platform campaign to an original content series.
- Writing copy that hits the strategy on the head and the clients in the heart.
- Working with the strategy team to build content strategies and develop voice & tone.
- Understanding how to look at a voice & tone document, become that brand, and write copy as that brand.
- Championing high-level story and narrative craft at all times.
- Supporting the team in new client pitches.
- Helping develop new editorial approaches.
- Proactively providing creative solutions for clients.
- Ideating and executing against social and behavioral trends.
- Presenting ideas and work persuasively to all audiences.
- Creating and nurturing collaborative relationships across the business whether it’s with strategy, client service or production.
- Reporting to our Creative Director (Editorial)
THE PERSON (You)
- Culturally literate and tapped into new and emerging platforms.
- Experienced in creating big ideas for big, ambitious brands.
- Brings a positive attitude and keeps the ego in-check.
- An ability to inspire, influence and motivate others.
- Impeccable writing skills, spotless grammar and the ability to write as well as edit, all while keeping one eye on the brief.
- An ability to work in tandem with the design team to present fully thought-out and visualized concepts.
- Pre-production, on-set and post-production experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with different types of writing (e.g. scripts, taglines, social copy, deck copy, concept write-ups etc.)
- 3 years of experience working in creative industries (agency experience preferred)
We Are Social is a global, award-winning creative agency with a network of 15 offices worldwide staffed by 1000+ social experts.
We think you’d like it here!
- Flexible Work Policy (Work remote or on-site)
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- Full health benefits
At We Are Social, we love diversity of thought and experience. That’s why we like to welcome the unique voices and talents that haven’t been traditionally embraced by advertising. Learn more about our culture and our work on our website.
Please include a link to your portfolio in your application.
VacanciesShowing 1 – 8 of 116
Senior Copywriter (Japanese) / Associate Creative Director