Resource Manager United States Operations
The Agency: We’re the world’s largest social media agency.
A global agency, with more than 1,000 people in 15 offices around the world, we deliver world-class creative campaigns and strategies based on social insights for forward-thinking brands. Located in New York City, the We Are Social US office is a tight-knit and hard-working group, dedicated to understanding social platforms and the people who use them.
The Ideal Candidate: We are looking for an organized Resource Manager who is solutions-oriented and has a passion for understanding agency workflows. In addition to excellent communication skills, we’re looking for individuals who have experience assigning people (both internally and freelancers) to projects based on skill sets, previous experience, availability, and/or project budget.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with the Project Management team to intake all resourcing needs across all agency projects and departments (Research, Strategy, Creative)
- Recommend resourcing assignments, and liaise with the relevant Department Heads for approvals
- Align with PMs that all job numbers and costs are approved internally and by client
- With PM team, prioritize assignments based on client deadlines, revenue potential, and a holistic view of team utilization
- When conflicts arise around workloads, deadlines, or processes, working with PMs by reallocate resources, adjust requirements, or assign new people to the team
- Escalate to senior team managers and department heads if there is a conflict regarding schedules, availability or other resourcing-related concerns
- Communicate regularly with team members to make sure assignments are clear, and estimated hours are accurate
- Explore the use of existing systems and/or new programs (PM software) for assigning and tracking work
- Update PM team if there are delays or changes in regards to resourcing timelines
- Ensure all administration associated with team members (full-time or freelance) is complete, including contracts, NDAs and timesheets
- Obtain appropriate approvals on costs from before booking freelance resources
- Source and maintain database of freelance support
- At all times work as part of the wider Operations team in knowledge sharing and supporting each other, covering team members on their days off etc.
Requirements for this Role:
- 3 years experience in an agency, creative services or equivalent environment is required
- Attention to detail, and ability to think critically and creatively
- Ability to work independently to brainstorm solutions prior to engaging senior team for input
- Familiarity with creative workflows, including design, production, and copywriting
- Proven presentation and collaboration abilities
- Keen problem solver and relationship builder
- Commitment to development, collaboration and innovation
- Ability to communicate feedback to team members and freelancers when necessary to improve job performance or team workflows
- Comfortable negotiating fees with freelance resources, and can be trusted with confidential information such as rates and personal information
- Able to identify both hard & soft skill sets to optimize staffing plans for efficiency and growth
VacanciesShowing 1 – 8 of 117
Senior Copywriter (Japanese) / Associate Creative Director
Business Development Director