Social Media Writer – US Experience Netherlands Editorial
We are a global creative agency, with more than 1000 people globally, delivering world-class creative campaigns and strategies based on social insights, for best-in-class brands.
We are looking for a talented, creative content writer for our team in Amsterdam, English mother tongue, with an understanding of US culture and market.
At We Are Social we believe that teamwork and respect for everyone’s contribution can lead to great results, flexibility and the ability to adapt to changes by taking advantage of opportunities is a fundamental characteristic for achieving success. We also believe that always looking for new challenges and going beyond what is due, is the right attitude to always do better.
If you think that our way of approaching everyday work can really make a difference and you want to put yourself to the test then you may be the person we are looking for.
Writers at We Are Social work in a multidisciplinary team closely with the Editors, Creatives, Strategy and Art Directors. Their commitment includes thinking, creating and managing the social contents of the projects to which they will be assigned, supporting different clients teams and managed by senior profiles. Content Writers are part of the Editorial team.
As Writer you’ll be responsible for:
• Copywriting, community management
• Ideation for concepts, content and format ideas
• Supporting the team on defining the Clients’ editorial strategy
• Understanding culture and communities
• Creating copy and brief for the realization of contents
- Community engagement across platforms to further reach and engagement
• Creating and setting goals for campaigns
• Proactive outreach and engagement with users to build community
• Moderation and managing all social media activity scheduling and publishing of posts for global accounts
• Community management reporting
What are we looking for?
• Experience working with the US market/ US clients
- English (written and spoken) mother tongue
• In depth knowledge of social media and their communities
• Ability to experiment and adapt messages to different audiences
• Ability to use languages outside of own sphere of interest
• Drafting texts, articles and translations
• Up-to-date knowledge of the most successful advertising case
• Inventiveness in researching new formats and expressive language online
What do we mean by Editorial?
We Are Social aims at establishing meaningful relationships between brands and people. Editorial—within WAS—is in the business of building digital places where those relationships can develop and be renewed over time. These are mostly social media channels where communities gather.
Editorial comprises writers and editors: we are the ones who use platforms (we post, we reply, we edit on mobile). We know how channels actually work. Social media has zero barriers to entry: we are the ones who try stuff out for free and have fun doing so. We don’t lecture others on how sh*t should be done.
We want to be in on the jokes. We ask “yes, but why?”. We don’t do things that “have always been done this way”.
If you are fascinated by the -at times inexplicable- ways in which this weird thing that is the internet works, if you are the one who “knows the meme” and waves hands trying to explain some super odd TikTok that ended up on your FYP, and if you would like this to be your job, then we are probably looking for you.
As part of the We Are Social team you will be expected to create and encourage a culture where people from all backgrounds feel included, accepted and valued.
Our CODE can help us to make diversity and inclusion one of the pillars of our commitment culture that will help us to maintain our competitive edge, be one of the best agencies to work for and achieve our vision: to lead the evolution of marketing.
VacanciesShowing 1 – 8 of 41
WerkstudentIn Community Management (m/w/d)
CDI – Analyste Social Média Junior
Art Director – Content Creator
WerkstudentIn Intelligence (m/w/d)
Social Media Writer – US Experience