We Are Social is a social media-led creative agency. We are a global agency of more than 850 people in 15 offices across 13 countries, united by a common purpose: to connect people and brands in meaningful ways. We deliver world-class creative ideas for forward-thinking brands that connect them with people in meaningful ways by generating ideas people like and share. We call this social thinking.
With an international team of thinkers and doers spread throughout offices from New York to Dubai, London to Sydney, Toronto to Tokyo, our mission is to put social thinking at the center of marketing.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE INVOLVE?
Copy is at the heart of what we do at We Are Social, making copywriters some of our most important team members. A copywriter must work with Account Managers, Creative Directors, Designers, and everyone in between. The ability to navigate these personalities is key. You must share energy and passion for creative work, while always looking to drive the agency forward while staying on-message for the client. We need a balanced left-right brain thinker who can come up with creative wordplay rooted in brand needs that drips with cultural relevance.
For this role, we are seeking someone with superior knowledge of and passion for sport, particularly soccer.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE (a.k.a your responsibilities)
• Idea generation: taglines, social copy for brand, creator, and influencer channels
• Unparalleled ability to articulate complex brand messages in punchy, concise packages
• Ability to turn your hand to any channel, any audience
• Expertise in selling work, creating powerful decks that clearly explain themselves after we've left the client's building
• The ability to work tightly with an Art Director/Designer but also alone when need be
• Eagerness to speak out and add value during larger brainstorms
• Editorial support - helping us marry the principle of 'the big idea' with the necessities of fast-turnaround content
• Willingness to familiarizing yourself with the product, target audience, and competitor activities in the market.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• You have your finger on the pulse of the latest trends and innovations within culture, sport, & social media, and the ability to weave this knowledge into authentic, spot-on copy
• While empathy, teamwork, and a collaborative spirit are key skills for this role, we are looking for candidates who are comfortable and capable of working independently as well. Ideal candidates have some prior agency experience, BA, or equivalent degree. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are crucial
KEY AREAS OF COMPETENCE
You should also be confident in all of the areas laid out below:
• Exceptional Writing Skills. Ability to distill big thoughts with wit and clarity
• Industry Knowledge. An understanding of social platforms and how to make the most of them
• Culturally Astute. You won’t just love creative work, you will live it. In fact, you are probably fixated with writing & pop culture and want to talk to others about it
• Editorial Support. You will help us marry the principle of 'the big idea' with the necessities of fast-turnaround content
• Presentation. The need for delivering work internally and externally in a clear, concise, and professional format is not lost on you.
• Versatile. You will be confident at turning strategic direction into engaging content, writing to different tones of voice, and moving seamlessly between them without compromising their quality
• Selfless. Not precious, no ego – just keen to learn and make ideas better (and make the team better)
• Pitching In. You will not be above lending a hand to others and doing things that fall outside the remit of a traditional creative. We are all in this together
Salary dependent on experience. Timing is immediate.