By Ayeshah Mirzha, Erasmus Ess, Kristie Neo
LinkedIn plays catch up, allows video uploads
LinkedIn is launching a new feature to let users upload videos via mobile app. It isn’t a surprising move, but it does give brands room to develop new strategies to capture a more B2B, career-focused target audience. These videos can be videos to highlight professional work, projects that are in progress or even product demonstrations. Linkedin has been busy ramping up its capabilities recently, adding various features such as the ability to share multiple photos, article drafts, and the ability to manage comments.
Facebook discontinues 17 ad formats
Facebook has announced that it will not be continuing 17 rarely used ad formats which are not ‘closely-tied’ to advertiser objectives. The following ad formats listed below will be removed by 15 September 2017.
- Boosting share of products from shops
- Boosting the share of a story about a for-sale post
- Boosting a check-in on a map, at a restaurant, or in a city
- Boosting the share of a note
- Boosting the share of a poll
- Boosting place recommendations
- Boosting the share of cultural moments
- Boosting the share of comments
- Boosting change of a Profile picture
- Boosting a file upload or share
- Boosting a sports event
- Boosting of a video or image uploaded through the Facebook camera
- Boosting of attendance for an event
- Boosting the share of a video playlist
- Boosting the status of watching a television show, movie, or other types of programming
- Boosting a post from an app posted to a Page’s timeline
- Boosting a political endorsement
Meanwhile, existing campaigns using the formats above should shift to supported formats by 29 September or have its delivery paused.
Tiger Beer Jumps On Game of Thrones Finale Frenzy
There is no better way to connect with the young masses than through a great pop-culture reference - especially when that reference is from the most watched TV series in recent years - Game of Thrones.
Tiger Beer Singapore capitalised on this popularity with a clever post (see image above), tying it in their newly launched Black and White Beers, just in time for Monday’s finale.