Research and Insight Director – Social Intelligence United Kingdom Research & Insights
We Are Social. We’re a global agency, with more than 100 people in 14 offices around the world, 200+ here in our London HQ. We deliver world-class creative campaigns and strategies based on social insights, for best-in-class brands.
We’re looking to hire a Research & Insights Director, to work across a number of forward-thinking brands, including Kellogg’s, Facebook and Lidl amongst others.
The person we’re looking for must be a social first research specialist, with extensive experience designing and running end-to-end social listening and effectiveness projects. We are a socially-led creative agency so a deep knowledge of social media data across many platforms – Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and others – is a prerequisite and the ability to use the leading social listening tools to generate insight (Brandwatch, TalkWalker, Netbase, Pulsar, Meltwater).
Beyond social listening the person we’re looking for should have an excellent view and experience of wider marketing measurement (paid, digital, TVC etc) and a good understanding of where social data can play a role in that mix.
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate the use of innovative social listening methodologies that feed into campaigns; be able to clearly explain social effectiveness via social listening to non-experts, and be able to run social listening labs across multiple markets.
This role is part of We Are Social’s broader push to elevate our world class social intelligence offering, integrating social data into the wider marketing mix. We would like the candidate to be a proven thought-leader, keen to represent We Are Social externally with clients, in the press and to the wider industry.
We’re seeking a socially-savvy researcher with a flair for strategic thinking and a drive to innovate, who can support our team in building out our social intelligence products for some of the most culturally relevant brands in the world.
We’re focused on creating ideas powered by people, not platforms – a formula that’s proven very successful over the last ten or so years. Now, we’re growing again, looking for a Research & Insights Director to become part of our team; a team whose work has been recently recognised by Cannes Lions, Webbys, Lovies, Creative Circle and many more.
Our Research & Insights is a crucial part of the agency’s success, generating the social insight around which we create long-term social strategies andt proving the value of our work, so that we deliver business results for our clients.
As Research & Insights Director you’ll be responsible for:
Delivering Social Intelligence at We Are Social
- Running social listening labs and research projects end to end, from data collection through to delivery.
- Designing innovative mixed-methodology studies that prove the value of our work and ultimately unlock creative opportunities for the agency.
- Laddering social data up to business goals to demonstrate how campaigns have solved clients’ business problems.
- Demonstrating a prowess for storytelling, and a vision for what final deliverables will look like, being able to deliver a streamlined and easy-to-digest final deliverable with a clear narrative for clients.
- Elevating social listening within the agency, ensuring that all colleagues understand the power and flexibility of the research methodologies and how this is applied to clients.
- Leading the strategic direction, management and development of key clients.
Development of the team
- Lead and develop of a team across a broad range of skill sets, levels and abilities
- Manage a team on a day-to-day basis – setting and monitoring progress of work so that is in delivered on time and within budget
- Manage a team over the year – carrying out reviews, devising development plans, managing resource
- Knowledge sharing with internal teams to ensure our most interesting data and effectiveness thinking is showing up in the work.
- Supporting our Strategists in delivering insight through social listening labs and the creation of Measurement Frameworks for clients
What does the role involve?
- Leading social listening labs across our clients – these include:
- Set-up of global social listening labs – across markets and languages
- Creation of Measurement Frameworks
- Drafting and testing of queries
- Structuring ongoing reporting for clients over the year – creation weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Overseeing and teasing out insight for regular reporting
- Audience profiling and deep dives
- Competitor positioning and analysis
- Presenting research and insight to clients
- Drafting of proposals
- Oversight of the process from scoping research through to implementation, delivery and debriefing
- Managing and leading a sub-team
- Pitching for new business and thought leadership.
What are we looking for?
- Strong interpersonal skills – you’ll be liaising with clients and with internal teams that rely on your expertise. The ability to explain the finer points of effectiveness to non-experts in simple terms is essential.
- Strategic thinking – this person must be experienced in applying social listening insights to a range of businesses, categories and business problems.
- Storytelling – this person must demonstrate a talent for collating decks that communicate effectiveness in a simple and engaging way.
- Expert on Brandwatch, TalkWalker, Netbase, Pulsar, Meltwater or other social listening tool
- Effectiveness-first thinker – this person must be engaged with current up-to-date with marketing effectiveness and data analysis
- Experience in the gaming and entertainment industry
- 5-8 year’s experience in digital / social agencies
- Proactive in nature and ability to lead a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and deliver against deadlines
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Ability to communicate at a senior level
- Collaboration with senior stakeholders within We Are Social
- Excellent understanding of quantitative research, data planning, manipulating large data sets and data visualisation
- Other languages preferable
Why should you join our team?
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one day for each year of service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Corporate Social Responsibility – time given to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Long Service Awards at 5 & 10 years
- Optional sabbaticals after 5 years
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer hours
VacanciesShowing 9 – 16 of 116
Team Créatif(ve) Junior (DA/CR)
Project Manager – Social Content
Senior Account Manager