Writer United Kingdom Editorial
Can you write social copy that amuses, entertains, educates, provokes and inspires? All in the same day. And across multiple different sports brands?
We are looking for a top-class writer who knows sports and sports fans inside out to join the team. Someone who loves watching and writing about sport on social, as well as being an expert community manager for global brands. Someone who is able to write in authentic sporting language for running, tennis, and football accounts in particular. Someone who is passionate both about sport but also writing as a craft.
They must be proactive and have exceptional writing skills. They need to know what content works across different social platforms and be able to adapt to writing for different brands. They must understand what TOV works for different brands and be able to identify which audience they are talking to with a piece of content. They need to understand the importance of frontline community management and interacting directly with consumers.
As part of this role, they’ll be writing for some of the biggest sports brands in the world. Working alongside our creative and design team, they will have the opportunity to deliver ideas worth talking about in a vibrant, collaborative environment.
- Craft consistently brilliant social copy for distribution across social media channels.
- Handle the day-to-day community management for major brands and engage with the community across multiple sports and sports fashion brands
- Handle channel management for major sports brands
- Maintain editorial planning calendars and publishing toolkits for multiple clients
- Be a guardian of your clients’ tone of voice – ensuring the quality of copy and content remains high across all accounts you are responsible for
- Qualitative research across multiple sports brands
- Finding story hooks and insights for athletes, ambassadors, sports brands
- Contribution to daily Newsrooms within the department
About We Are Social Sport
We are a team of sports specialists.
The greatest sporting moments get the whole world shouting. But you have to be brave to cut through the noise. We win the thumbs and minds of sports fans by reinventing the old and creating the new. We’ve shaken up the status quo at World Cups, Olympics, UEFA Champions Leagues, Grand Slams and World Championships. We’re here to seize moments, break into culture and leave a legacy. Rewriting the rules of sports marketing with a social-first approach.
Our editorial team is a crucial part of the agency’s success; we bring together writers and editors from web, broadcast, print and social, across a range of genres. We help brands to tell compelling stories through consistently well-crafted content people actually want.
In the current climate, long-term content planning and authentic storytelling is more important than ever.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally one year of publishing or journalist experience (within sports is preferable)
- High level of proactivity; someone who is creative, outgoing and passionate about multiple sports and writing as a profession
- Demonstrable experience of writing social copy for a variety of brands
- Someone with the ability to interpret brand TOV and the different audiences sports brands are trying to reach
- A flair for storytelling across multiple social platforms
- Demonstrable community management experience
- Someone who is good at receiving feedback and working to tight deadlines
- Good social platform knowledge and understanding of the ever-changing social content best practices on each
- Someone with the flexibility to work in a reactive way
Why should you join our team?
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one day for each year of service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Corporate Social Responsibility – time given to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Optional sabbaticals after 5 years
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer hours
- Work From Anywhere
- We Are Social Passport
VacanciesShowing 1 – 8 of 120
Research & Insight Senior Analyst
CDI – Consultant(e) Social Média Junior